Vanguard Institutional Total International Stock Market Index Trust – Why Not Just Go All in On VTSAX Vanguard’s Total Stock Market Index Fund? – YMYW Podcast #257
Vanguard Institutional Total International Stock Market Index Trust – How to Choose
Today on Your Money, Your Wealth® podcast episode #257 with Joe Anderson, CFP® and Big Al Clopine, CPA: the Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund (VTSAX) comes very highly recommended by JL Collins in his book, The Simple Path to Wealth. So why not put all your money into it? Plus, Joe & Big Al answer your questions on the 4% rule for retirement withdrawals, what to do before and after age 59 and a half, whether to invest in the Roth or traditional thrift savings plan (TSP), and of course, Roth IRA conversions. Send in your money questions, read the transcript & access free financial resources:
00:48 – Why Not Just Go All in On VTSAX?
08:29 – If I Retire With $1M and Take a 4% Distribution Starting at 65, Why Would I Run Out of Money If I’m Not Touching the Principal?
14:19 – Should I Invest in the Roth TSP or Traditional TSP?
20:42 – Penalty-Free Withdrawals Before 59.5?
22:48 – What Should Retirees Do at 59 and a Half?
25:30 – No Tax on 401(k) Withdrawals in IL – Should I Ignore the Roth?
28:50 – Should I Convert More to Roth?
34:40 – I’m 24, Making $103K Self-Employed, Maxed Retirement Accounts. Should I Do Roth Conversion from Solo 401(k) to Roth IRA Now?
38:36 – Should We Do a Roth Conversion? (Will, Philadelphia, PA)
41:02 – Can I Recharacterize Roth to Traditional?
42:50 – Form to File for Estimated Tax Payments When Conversion Spikes Income?
Schedule a free assessment with one of our CFP® professionals at Pure Financial Advisors: https://purefinancial.com/lp/free-assessment/
Subscribe to our channel and stay tuned for the next episode of the Your Money, Your Wealth® TV show: http://bit.ly/2FDSfK2
Subscribe to the YourMoney, Your Wealth® podcast: https://link.chtbl.com/ymyw?sid=y
• Investment Advisory and Financial Planning Services are offered through Pure Financial Advisors, Inc. A Registered Investment Advisor.
• Pure Financial Advisors Inc. does not offer tax or legal advice. Consult with a tax advisor or attorney regarding specific situations.
• Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice and are not intended as investment advice or to predict future performance.
• Investing involves risk including the potential loss of principal. No investment strategy can guarantee a profit or protect against loss in periods of declining values.
• All information is believed to be from reliable sources; however, we make no representation as to its completeness or accuracy.
• Intended for educational purposes only and are not intended as individualized advice or a guarantee that you will achieve a desired result. Before implementing any strategies discussed you should consult your tax and financial advisors. #YourMoneyYourWealth #YMYW #YourMoneyYourWealthPodcast